Episode #30 – Neville Medhora On AppSumo’s 3 “Profit Pillars” Of Explosive Email Marketing
AppSumo has become one of those iconic companies in the online space.
At first glance, it could be said that they’ve got a focus on only the NERDosphere.
That’s why AppSumo makes for an interesting case study.
They went from ZERO customers to 500,000 customers…
…in just 18 months.
And guest what?
Email marketing played a CRUCIAL role in this rapid growth phase.
In today’s episode of the Email Marketing Episode, you’ll discover the 3 “profit pillars” used by Neville Medhora to unlock torrents of sales with email marketing.
Neville is/was the chief copywriter at AppSumo.
He writes SIZZLE HOT copy.
And he likes to tell stories.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- how to develop SIZZLING HOT marketing chops (in as LITTLE time as possible)
- why the “magic bullet” of killer marketing DOESN’T exist (and how to stop chasing the pot at the end of the rainbow)
- how to become a master storyteller (and why, if you don’t tell stories, you’re leaving a MONSTROUS amount of money on the table)
- why no one cares about you (and how to use this curious psychological phenomena to boost sales)
- the CRITICAL ELEMENT of email sequences that make people whip out their credit cards (and how to use it TODAY)
- to teach or not to teach… THAT is the question (Neville has a very interesting perspective on this)
- an old-school advertising formula that never ceases to deliver (this is so BRAIN DEAD SIMPLE that even a neanderthal can use it to write sizzling copy)
- how to be interesting (remember.. the cardinal rule of marketing is “don’t be boring”)
- at what point should you ask people to take action?
- the “trust factor” element of email marketing that you ignore AT YOUR OWN RISK
- a strange profit-boosting way of writing emails that has nothing to do with catchy words or sizzle-copy
- Neville Medhora’s site – Nevblog | Cuba Story
- Gary Halbert
- Joe Sugarman
- Tanya McGill Freeman
- The McIntyre Method
Intro and outro backing music: Forever More by CREO
This podcast is edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.