Nick Carpenter comes from a military family.
He went into the air force because college had no appeal.
6.5 years later, deciding he didn’t want to go back to Iraq one more time, he got out.
You have to hear his brief thoughts about the real Iraq.
He decided to jump into real estate and so picked up his license in Texas and went ot work for a large corporation.
For three years he helped people buy and sell houses.
A bad breakup had him shift to a new company and a new office where he started training and onboarding new agents.
In short order, agents recruited Nick to help open a new company.
He was now in charge of all the marketing and training.
The hoops he had to jump through to even get paid were ridiculous…
listen to his golf course story!
He heard a big mortgage company was looking to create an in-house marketing team and so with the arrival of his second child…
he joined them. Hiring web developers, graphic designers, and video editors etc.
So since 2011, Nick has worked only with loan officers.
By 2014, feeling restricted and looking for his own opportunities…
he left to start his own agency.
Listen where he took it next…
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- 3 early “survival” steps Nick had to focus on to get his company off the ground. Listen to the number of ideas he went through.
- The one simple change which caused potential customers to go from saying “no” to “yes”.
- How Nick reframed his business to create a new emotional appeal.. and attract his own “congregation.”
- One strategy Nick employs two ways to continue his rapid businesss growth. (Nick includes all the details)
- Two massive, soul-crushing mistakes loan officers swear by. Listen to Nick and get rid of these two issues forever.
- Nick’s “Legion of Loan Officers”
- Nick Carpenter on Facebook
- Bobby Stocks
- Mitch Miller
- David Allan’s Make Words Pay
Intro and outro backing music: Forever More by CREO
David Allan: Hey everybody, I’m David Allan. Happy New Year. Our first guest of the new year is a guy I’ve heard a lot about – he’s in a niche I know literally nothing about. He’s very successful and has risen up through the ranks, so to speak – I have been seeing his fabulous posts on Facebook, I’ve been hearing a lot about his results, we have a lot of friends in common – we’re in the same circles…so I would love to welcome Nick Carpenter to the show…Hello Nick!
Nick Carpenter: Hey man, thanks for having me, I’m excited to be here.
David Allan: Yeah, this is really great. Here we are, brand new year – wipe the slate clean – however, you want to say that – people tend to set new goals and put new motions into action to try to get everything rolling…
Maybe take us back, like we usually do – We like to go back and see where you came from and how you ended up where you are now…so take us back – we wanna know what got Nick into treating and serving loan officers.
Nick Carpenter: Yeah, that’s such a good question. It is definitely an interesting path you know