First impressions are everything… especially in marketing.
Just think, marketing legend David Ogilvy said, “Five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy.”
Then the first 80 cents of every dollar is spent on your headline.
In Episode 28 of the Email Marketing Podcast, Dan Page shows us exactly how he writes ‘headsnapping’ headlines that not only grab attention… but invoke a powerful emotional response.
You’ll hear specific examples of how Dan has transformed boring industry jargon into headline worthy and exciting stories that capture entire communities.
Dan’s ability to weave an emotional story is astounding.
His writing has sold over $5,000,000 worth of products for clients.
And you can learn EXACTLY how he does it.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- the VITAL importance of a first impression (and how you can capitalize)
- how to sharpen your headline copy skills through your day
- why picking up tabloids and reading spam emails is ENCOURAGED
- Dan’s personal method of developing a nose for a good story (and uncovering the headline)
- how writing 5-10 headline options can pay for itself
- why the FIRST words out of your mouth can cause failure (or success)
- how controversial headlines can turn an article into a powerhouse media magnet
- how digging to find the golden nugget of the story is so simple (but so difficult)
- uncovering the perfect story and how it triggers your emotions (controversy, juxtaposition, anger,
- jealousy, hope, laughter, incredulous and more…)
- the hidden headline, and how it’s simply waiting in plain sight
- why a story NEEDS substance to accompany a ‘headsnapping’ headline
- how niche tenure will help you calibrate your audience’s wants and desires
- the method of asking questions and observing actions that gives you a ‘nose’ for your audience
- creating excitement in a boring industry and why the media will EAT IT UP
- how having a glass of wine and laughing with friends can generate powerful and emotional headlines
- Dan Page’s Website: Skill Highway
- [email protected]
- Search Engine Caffeine
- David Ogilvy
- Dan Kennedy
- Larry Ostrovsky
- Survey Monkey
Intro and outro backing music: Forever More by CREO
This podcast is edited and produced by Authority Engine. Learn more at AuthorityEngine.com.